Best 2014 Credit Cards – Compare, Review and Apply Online
Revised March 3, 2014 – As the weather turns warmer, we will focus on some great cards offering promotions that can be leveraged for spring break and onto summer vacations. With some great new credit cards making their debut in March (Everyday from American Express) the market continues to get better for consumers searching for credit card offers in 2014!
1. Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card was voted by our editorial team as the top card heading into 2014. The card is loaded with perks and features, including offering a zero percent interest rate for 12 months, 1.5% cash back on all purchased (no Limits). As an added incentive, there is a $100 bonus if you spend $500 during the first three months. There are no annual fees and the cash back rewards will never expire. If you are looking for a new card in 2014, you can’t go wrong with this card, our top choice for best card the Capital One Quick Silver.
2. DicoverIT – this card was launched by Discover in 2013 and has awesome features that has quickly helped it become one of the most popular card offers from last year. The card features some great perks and is groundbreaking for customer service as Discover offers guaranteed human customer service, no over limit or foreign transaction fees. In addition the card allows borrowers to earn 1% cash back on all of their purchases, and often run special promotions for online transactions. In addition the DiscoverIT card is a great option for borrowers looking for a balance transfer, offering a great zero percent promotion for 18 months, taking borrowers through all of 2014.
3. Bank of America Travel Rewards – This card made the list for a number of reasons, the largest being offering a zero percent interest rate on all purchases during the first 12 billing cycles. Combining the zero percent interest, with 1.5 points for every dollar spent, this is a great card for borrowers who are planning to use their card for frequent purchases and have the financial discipline to pay off the balance once the zero percent incentive expires. As an additional bonus, you can earn an additional 10,000 bonus points once you achieve certain purchase requirements.
4. Slate from Chase a top card for 2014, and likely to be the most popular for borrowers seeking a balance transfer. This card continues to offer the best terms for borrowers who are searching for a credit card that can help them get ahead. With a full fifteen months of zero percent interest and no fees for the balance transfer, this card truly exemplifies a 0% apr card offer. The card offers some great long term benefits including no annual fees, and is great for travelers with a zero liability on fraudulent purchases and Chase’s award winning customer service.
5. Capital One Venture Rewards this card is a great rewards based credit card, offering borrowers a full two miles for every dollar purchased on the card. Capital one is also giving borrowers a huge incentive with an opportunity to get 20,000 bonus miles for borrowers who accumulate over $2000 in purchases for the first three months of the card. Borrowers enjoy a wide variety of travel incentives and this is also a great card for foreign travel, with no hidden fees or transaction fees. Borrowers can redeem their miles for any travel related expenses. This card is sure to be a popular card for borrowers searching for a top travel rewards card in 2014.
The list of best credit cards in February of 2014 was compiled by author Steven Moore, who has been covering consumer finance and the credit card markets since 2006. You can learn more and connect at his Google+ page. Our team of finance writers and advisor’s are working hard to uncover great credit cards for every consumer in 2014. We are in the process of reviewing balance transfer cards, cash back, zero percent offers, good or bad credit history approval cards, specialized cards for new students, rewards and points cards, and the best cards for borrowers who are planning to use airline miles or points for their dream vacation. As we get closer to 2014 we will identify the must have credit cards and the best promotions for every type of card offer. Our team is committed to helping you find the top cards and best deals, we are your number one sources for the best 2014 credit cards and we hope you will bookmark our site, visit our facebook and twitter pages and tell your friends about the great cards we feature online.
2014 Best Cards From American Express, AMEX, Barclaycard, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citigroup, Discover all reviewed online
Tips For How to Find the Best Credit Cards of 2014
Finding the best credit card offers for 2014 may be a little easier than in previous years, because companies have finally caught on to the demands of consumers. Expect more in terms of earnings and less in terms of hassle, and you’re right where you want to be with your next credit card.
What’s In Store?
As a consumer, expect the offers you receive from credit card companies to involve more specifics. Features and functions are more customized and the most appealing offers geared toward the higher credit scores. Most companies are brainstorming new and better ways to make you feel like a card is designed exclusively for you.
Should it Cost You to Spend?
In 2014, the best cards will be the ones that cost nothing to use. This might encourage some consumers to spend more, while others will see it as a penny-pinching opportunity. Elimination of the annual fee, which can extend to $100, is one of the most appealing offers from the user’s point of view.
Where Do You Want Your Rewards to Come From?
Rewards based cards are popular because they allow consumers to earn something back in return for what they spend. Be it travel miles, discounts on purchases or accumulating reward points, a credit card should work harder for you in 2014 than in previous years.
Who’s Giving the Biggest Bonus in 2014?
The Chase Freedom card gives you a cool 5% back on things you need to buy anyway like gas and groceries. It also pays you to shop on Amazon, the internet’s leading retailer and favorite shopping site of nearly everyone. This bonus is limited to the first $1,500 spent quarterly. For purchases outside the main categories, you earn a consistent 1% cash back. Chase Freedom also boasts 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for well over your first year with the card.
What’s the Best Card for Cash Back and No Fees?
Capital One Quicksilver offers ease of use and high value, giving an incredible 1.5% back to you on everything you buy, along with no fees across the board for the first year. Expect a complementary $100 bonus too, if you spend more than $500 within the initial three months of use. You aren’t restricted or confused by rotating categories and item-specific sign-up rules either. For the highest in cash back and the lowest in pay-outs and fees, Quicksilver runs circles around the competition in 2014.
Which Card is Best Card for You in 2014?
If your credit score permits, be very selective about the cards you apply for in 2014. Because offers are becoming more competitive, the sky is the limit when it comes to high performance plastic. Also, learn to distinguish between a great enticement and a smart card. While initial offers can be very generous, you could pay substantially over the course of the coming year, negating the bonus bells and whistles.
How Can You Improve Your Credit Profile In the Coming Year?
Planning to take advantage of the best credit card offers can help you to manage your money better, thereby improving your financial position. Put the card to work for you in a number of ways and stay organized so that meeting your obligations is effortless.
Customers frequently opt for a credit card that screams the loudest deal, however, in 2014 your best bet may be a multi-tasking budget-conscience card that offers flexibility and manageability. Remember that as a consumer, you are in the driver’s seat. Be picky and be choosy until you find an offer you really can’t refuse.